Mary Spring Perkins memorial window ('Bear Island Light'), 1882.
Window 15 on plan. 34.5" w x 62" h to inside of wood frame.
Design by Frederic Crowninshield, based on a Christmas card painted by Daisy Doane, executed by Donald MacDonald of Boston.
The oldest window at St. Mary's, the lighthouse window was originally installed over the altar in the first, wooden building. When the stone church was built, the window was placed over the altar again. It was moved to its present location near the entrance in 1925, when the Doane memorial window was intalled.
Saint Mary's by-the-Sea, Northeast Harbor, Maine.
- 2019 Jennifer Steen Booher
- Image Size
- 4850x6789 / 5.3MB
- Contained in galleries
- St. Mary's by-the-Sea